Updated: September 24, 2022
11th Iowa Diecast Toy Show will be held on January 7th & 8th, 2023 in the Elwell Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines.
At previous shows we have had dealers come in from 8 states, and attendees come in from up to 10 states.
We are looking for dealers to sell the following types of new, old and customized die-cast toys (list is not all inclusive):
- Farm toys of all scales (Ertl, SpecCast, Scale Models, etc)
- Construction toys (Norscot, First Gear, Ertl, NZG, Conrad, Sword, etc)
- Semi’s (DCP, PEM, Tonkin, Ertl, SpecCast)
- Older Pressed Steel vehicles
- Firetrucks, Police Cars & Emergency vehicles
- Hot Wheels & Matchbox
- Cars of all scales (Ertl American Muscle, SunStar, Danbury & Franklin Mint, etc)
- Pedal Tractors & Cars
- Nascar, NHRA (Action, Ertl, Revell, Brookfield, etc)
- Toy Parts & Decals
- Toy Restorers
- HO Scale Trains & Vehicles
- Farm Toy Related Memorabilia (Signs, Clothing, Hats, Buckles, Pictures, Barns, etc)
- Custom Displays (Wood & Acrylic)
- Model Kits
- Custom and Scratch Built Toys
- FFA, 4-H & Collector Related Groups
Make sure you get your contract in early, so that we can promote your participation in the show. We have nice wide aisles at our show to accommodate the crowds and great space for our vendors. For the 2023 show we will give space preference to returning dealers who turn in their contracts by Nov. 7, 2022. After that date, table space still open will be assigned based on the date contracts are turned in (i.e. on Nov. 7th a new dealer who turned in their contract on Oct. 5th, will have priority over one who turned it in on Nov. 8th), number of tables requested and inventory type. Early is better especially if you are trying to get more than 2 tables as a new dealer.
Dealers interested in getting a contract to participate in the toy show should call us or send us an email for a dealer contract to be sent out.
The tables/spaces provided will be 8 ft long. Dealers will be able to rent from 1-8 tables/spaces (We reserve the right to limit it to 4 tables per dealer if needed; new dealers may get less than 4).
Table/space rent will cover both Saturday and Sunday. Dealers are required to be set up during the entire show both days.
On the Fri. night before the show dealers will be allowed into the building to set up their table(s) between 5-9pm. Please do not show up early as the building will not be open as we will be finalizing our setup when we arrive in Des Moines.
On Sat. & Sun. the concession stand will be open for the purchase of food. Dealers are not allowed to sell any food products in the building per the Iowa State Fairgrounds regulations.
For those who need to reserve a hotel room, there are a number of places in the area. We have a block of rooms reserved for dealers and make this announcement in the fall of 2022. For a complete listing you can visit the Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitor Bureau site.
Through-out the year leading up to the toy show we will advertise the toy show in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- The Iowa Diecast Toy Show Facebook permanent page
- The Iowa Diecast Toy Show event page on Facebook
- National Farm Toy Show
- Travel Iowa Calendar of Events online
- Updates on the Ag Farm Toys website
- Updates on the Ag Farm Toys Facebook page
- Flyers will be given out to IDT customers during the holiday season.
- Notices will also go out to local advertising venues, including local tv stations and event calendars.
- Posted on the Iowa State Fairgrounds calendar & digital billboards.
- Posted on the Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitor Bureau calendar.
- Emails will go out to our customer database.
- Ads will go out in the central Iowa newspapers.
- Toy Farmer ad
- Post to additional Facebook pages.
We have started a 2ND TOY SHOW which we call the NE Iowa Diecast Toy Show. Our third show in NE Iowa will be held on April 1, 2023 in Decorah.