Updated: September 24, 2022
Our 3rd year of hosting the NE Iowa Diecast Toy Show will be held on April 1, 2023.
At our previous shows we had dealers and attendees in from multiple states, so come join in the fun.
We are looking for dealers to sell the following types of new, old and customized die-cast toys (list is not all inclusive):
- Farm toys of all scales (Ertl, SpecCast, Scale Models, etc)
- Construction toys (Norscot, First Gear, Ertl, NZG, Conrad, Sword, etc)
- Semi’s (DCP, PEM, Tonkin, Ertl, SpecCast)
- Older Pressed Steel vehicles
- Firetrucks, Police Cars & Emergency vehicles
- Hot Wheels & Matchbox
- Cars of all scales (Ertl American Muscle, SunStar, Danbury & Franklin Mint, etc)
- Pedal Tractors & Cars
- Nascar, NHRA (Action, Ertl, Revell, Brookfield, etc)
- Toy Parts & Decals
- Toy Restorers
- HO Scale Trains & Vehicles
- Farm Toy Related Memorabilia (Signs, Clothing, Hats, Buckles, Pictures, Barns, etc)
- Custom Displays (Wood & Acrylic)
- Model Kits
- Custom and Scratch Built Toys
- FFA, 4-H & Collector Related Groups
Make sure you get your contract in early (they will be available in January), due to space limitations we have turned away dealers each year. For the 2023 show we will give space preference to returning dealers who turn in their contracts by Feb. 17, 2023. After that date, table space still open will be assigned based on the date contracts are turned in (i.e. on Feb. 18th a new dealer who turned in their contract on Feb. 1st, will have priority over one who turned it in on Feb. 18th), number of tables requested and inventory type. Early is better especially if you are trying to get more than 2 tables as a new dealer.
Dealers interested in getting a contract to participate in the toy show should call us or send us an email for a dealer contract to be sent out.
There are 5 hotels in Decorah, and we will have rooms blocked under the show name at two of them for toy dealers (Reservation date range will be posted in 2023). We picked the following two with the largest parking lots for ease of getting in with trailers.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (563-382-8800) Deadline is TBD for reserving: Cost TBD (largest parking lot)
- Country Inn & Suites (563-382-9646) Deadline is TBD for reserving: Cost TBD
The tables/spaces provided will be 8 ft long. Dealers will be able to rent from 1-8 tables/spaces (We reserve the right to limit it to 4 tables per returning dealer if needed; new dealers may get less than 4).
Dealers are required to be set up during the entire show.
On the Fri. night before the show dealers will be allowed into the building to set up their table(s) between 3-8pm. Please do not show up prior to 3 as the building will not be open as we will be setting up tables, etc.
Through-out the year leading up to the toy show we will advertise the toy show in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- The Iowa Diecast Toy Show Facebook permanent page
- The NE Iowa Diecast Toy Show event page on Facebook
- Travel Iowa Calendar of Events online
- Updates on the Ag Farm Toys website
- Updates on the Ag Farm Toys Facebook page
- Flyers will be given out to IDT customers.
- Toy Farmer ad
- Notices will also go out to local advertising venues, including local radio stations and event calendars.
- Emails will go out to our customer database.
- Ads will go out in the NE Iowa newspapers.
- Post to additional Facebook pages.